If you live in a state where electricity is regulated, you can choose who to buy it from as well as the type of energy to purchase, such as standard power or environmentally friendly energy. Switching to a new residential electricity provider in New Jersey may be a solution to reduce your energy bills and save money in the long run. But before you do, here are some of the things that you must accomplish first:
• Check with your current electricity provider to see if they will charge a cancellation fee. Exit fees might apply if you have a fixed rate tariff, but most suppliers allow a certain amount of days to cancel without qualifying for a penalty.
• Find a reputable energy provider that serves New Jersey and your area. Here at Town Square Energy, you can look up your zip code to check on our rates.
• Compare prices between a prospective electricity provider and your current provider.
• Determine how much you use or spend on electricity in kilowatt hours. Find this on the recent electricity bills and the annual energy statement from your current supplier.
• Make sure that the new residential electricity provider you choose in New Jersey will help organize the switch.
View the rates and plans here at Town Square Energy or check your state in this website if you qualify. We aim to provide the most competitive and comprehensive rates and plans to help you save money and get high-quality energy for your home.