Renewable Electricity at Town Square Energy
Town Square Energy is proud to offer 100% renewable electricity for residential and commercial customers. If you are looking for an electric supplier that offers great renewable energy solutions for your home or business, look no further! By choosing our green energy option at sign-up, you are helping to create a cleaner, brighter future for everyone. Your support promotes the continual development of new renewable projects, as well as reduce your environmental impact.
Town Square Energy has operated since 2012 and has consistently offered customers green alternatives. To support these forward-thinking consumers, Town Square Energy has purchased 305,000,000 kWh of green, wind-generated renewable energy certificates from multiple locations throughout North America. To meet obligations to our green customers 100% of their electricity consumption is matched with renewable energy certificates representing the generation of electricity from renewable resources like running water, wind, solar and biomass.
Town Square Energy’s GREEN commitment
When you select a 100% renewable product from Town Square Energy we want you to know what you’re getting and feel GREAT about it. Here’s what happens:
- Town Square Energy will purchase and retire, on your behalf, renewable energy certificates (RECs) equal to 100% of your kWh usage while on the renewable plan.
- Your electricity consumption is matched with renewable energy certificates representing the generation of electricity from renewable resources like running water, wind, solar and biomass.
- Town Square Energy also commits to comply with the renewable portfolio standards (RPS) of each and every State in which it operates and the RECs it purchases for renewable customers are in addition to the purchases that Town Square Energy makes to meet this regulatory standard.
- Town Square Energy makes REC purchases as-needed, and customers are invited to contact us to ask about where our RECs come from.
- For 2014, 100% of our Green-E certifiable RECs come from a facility named Buffalo Ridge in Brookings County, South Dakota
- For 2015, we bought 4,000,000 kWh of Green-E certifiable, wind-generated renewable energy certificates from Victory Wind Farm in Carroll County, Iowa.
- For 2016, 6,000,000 kWh of Green-E certifiable, wind-generated renewable energy certificates from Rolling Thunder Wind Farm in Hand County, South Dakota, were purchased.
- In 2017, 125,000,000 kWh of Green-E certifiable, wind-generated renewable energy certificates from Cimarron Bend Wind Project II, Clark County, Kansas were purchased.
- For 2018, 133,000,000 kWh of NEPOOL GIS Hydroelectric generated Renewable Energy Certificates from locations in Massachusetts and Connecticut were retired.
- For 2019, 104,921,000 kWh of NEPOOL GIS Hydroelectric generated Renewable Energy Certificates from locations in Massachusetts, Maine and Quebec.
Selecting 100% renewable electricity is a wise choice for the future of planet! Simply select a Green Energy rate for your zip code to become a renewable electricity customer.
Green/Renewable Energy Supply Options: If you have chosen the Green/Renewable Energy Supply option, Town Square Energy will ensure that 100% of your electricity usage is matched with renewable energy certificates. [A renewable energy certificate is a tradable, non-tangible energy commodity that represents proof that 1 megawatt-hour (MWh) of electricity was generated from an eligible renewable energy resource and was fed into the shared system of power lines which transport energy]. Town Square Energy may take up to 24 months after the end of each calendar year under which this Agreement is in effect to address any deficiency that may arise in the green/renewable content of electricity sold under this Agreement in the previous calendar year. If you have chosen a product with a Green/Renewable Energy Supply option, your rate for the electricity supplied will be Town Square Energy’s auto-renew rate plus an “adder” of up to 3 cents per kWh. If you wish to cancel the Green/Renewable Energy Supply Option you may call Town Square Energy at 1-877-430-0093.
View Our Current Rates
by choosing your rate and your plan.
The Year. We Are Here To Help.
Short Term or Long Term Rates.
with thousands of satisfied customers nationwide.