Renewable Electricity at Town Square Energy
Town Square Energy is proud to offer 100% renewable electricity for residential and commercial customers. If you are looking for an electric supplier that offers great renewable energy solutions for your home or business, look no further! By choosing our green energy option at sign-up, you are helping to create a cleaner, brighter future for everyone. Your support promotes the continual development of new renewable projects, as well as reduce your environmental impact.
To support these forward-thinking consumers, Town Square Energy has purchased 4,000,000 kWh of Green-E Certifiable, wind-generated renewable energy certificates from the Buffalo Ridge wind project in Brookings County, South Dakota. For 2015, we purchased 4,000,000 kWh of Green-E certifiable, wind-generated renewable energy certificates from Victory Wind Farm in Carroll County, Iowa. In 2016, 6,000,000 kWh of Green-E certifiable, wind-generated renewable energy certificates came from Rolling Thunder Wind Farm in Hand County, South Dakota.
Town Square Energy has operated since 2012 and has consistently offered customers green alternatives. To meet obligations to our green customers in 2012, 2013 and 2014 REC’s, we purchased 3,000,000 kWh of green-E certifiable, wind-generated renewable energy certificates. The certificates were produced in Q4 2012 from St. Joseph Windfarm, M-RETS ID: M649.
Town Square Energy’s GREEN commitment
When you select a 100% renewable product from Town Square Energy we want you to know what you’re getting and feel GREAT about it. Here’s what happens:
- Town Square Energy will purchase and retire, on your behalf, renewable energy certificates (RECs) equal to 100% of your kWh usage while on the renewable plan
- The RECs purchased by Town Square Energy are Green-E certifiable and can be tracked via the M-RETS system (Midwest Renewable Energy Tracking System)
- Town Square Energy also commits to comply with the renewable portfolio standards (RPS) of each and every State in which it operates and the RECs it purchases for renewable customers are in addition to the purchases that Town Square Energy makes to meet this regulatory standards
- Town Square Energy makes REC purchases as-needed, and customers are invited to contact us to ask about where our RECs come from.
- For 2014, 100% of our Green-E certifiable RECs come from a facility named Buffalo Ridge in Brookings County, South Dakota
- For 2015, we bought 4,000,000 kWh of Green-E certifiable, wind-generated renewable energy certificates from Victory Wind Farm in Carroll County, Iowa.
- In 2016, 6,000,000 kWh of Green-E certifiable, wind-generated renewable energy certificates from Rolling Thunder Wind Farm in Hand County, South Dakota, were purchased.
Our 100% renewable electricity is sourced from wind energy and signing-up is easy. Simply select a Green Energy rate for your zip code to become a renewable electricity customer.
View Our Current Rates
by choosing your rate and your plan.
The Year. We Are Here To Help.
Short Term or Long Term Rates.
with thousands of satisfied customers nationwide.