THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TOWN SQUARE ENERGY!
Effective July 2012
Valued Customer: you have the right to understand the agreements that govern your electric service, and your relationship with Town Square Energy. You have the right to receive an explanation of any or all of the elements, terms and conditions of this Customer Service Plan, and TSE’s Terms of Service. As a company, we value transparency and honest, positive relationships. If you have questions, refer to the FAQ area of our website, email us at [email protected] or give us a call, toll-free, at 1-877-430-0093. Let’s get off on the right foot together!
The following terms and conditions, which shall constitute TSE’s Customer Service Plan, shall govern each Standard Service Agreement for Supply Service executed by TSE and a customer:
Customer Rights and Responsibilities
At TSE, we take your rights seriously, and do what is within our power to protect them. So that you can fully exercise your rights, you must clearly understand them. It is our privilege to serve you, and it is our obligation to make sure you have the tools and information you require to make informed decisions about your electricity supply.
You have the right to:
- Have your electric service agreement and associated materials explained to you by a TSE representative.
- Receive clear and accurate information from us.
- Understand the savings, benefits and risks of the energy product(s) you have selected.
- Receive prompt and courteous service when you contact us.
- Request escalation within our organization of any concerns, or address them to the DPUC if we aren’t able to satisfy you.
You have the responsibility to:
- Understand the agreements that you’ve entered into with us.
- Notify us of changes to your account information, including moves.
In order to get it right from the start, TSE will not initiate electric service unless one of the following has occurred:
- You have signed a service agreement.
- You have made a verbal agreement with one of our representatives on a recorded phone line.
- You have been enrolled in person by a representative and have confirmed, in a 3rd party verification telephone call, that you wish to initiate service.
- You have used our website to select a product and electronically sign a service agreement.
Customer Security Deposit Procedures and Requirements
TSE does not require deposits from residential and small commercial customers in Connecticut. Deposit requirements for Large Commercial and Industrial customers will depend on counterparty creditworthiness, and will vary on a case by case basis.
Customer Complaint Handling and Dispute Resolution Procedures
As a valued TSE customer, we want you to be happy. If ever you’re not, you may contact us using any of the following methods:
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Toll free: 1-877-430-0093
- In writing:
Town Square Energy
16233 Kenyon Avenue, Suite 210
Lakeville, MN 55044
We will make every effort to promptly address your concerns. If you are not satisfied with our initial attempt to resolve your issue, you have the right to request that it be elevated to a Supervisor level within TSE’s organization.
If you remain dissatisfied following the TSE supervisory review, you may address your concerns to the Connecticut DPUC:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 860-827-1553
- Fax: 860-827-2822
- In writing:
Ten Franklin Square
New Britain, CT 06051
TSE retains records of all customer complaints and uses this data to inform and improve our customer service. We appreciate your feedback!
Customer Termination Procedures
You have the right to change your mind about retaining our services. In order to exercise this right, you must notify us within 3 business days of signing up. This is addressed in your Terms of Service under “Right to Rescind”.
TSE reserves the right to end its agreement with you if certain conditions are not met. Please see your Terms of Service to understand these general termination conditions. Any termination by TSE will be as a last resort, and will follow earnest attempts to contact and/or reconcile with you.
Disclosure of Customer Information Procedures
When you sign up with us, you are agreeing to allow your local utility to release the information we need in order to provide you with service. Our Terms of Service details the type of information that we receive, and makes this commitment: TSE will not give or sell your information to any unaffiliated third party without your consent unless we are required to do so by law.